Hi there, My Balinese name is ‘I Made Sukaryasa’ which means ‘the second born son’. To make it easy, my friends just call me “Koyo”. My parents are farmers who work as fisherman every morning before returning to work in our rice fields in the evening. Together with my two brothers, we live in Seseh which is a small traditional village on the west coast of Bali, located between Kuta and Tanah Lot.
As a passionate surfer I am very lucky to live in Seseh. Our house is close to the beach so I can surf anytime I want. At the age of nine my uncle gave me my first surf lesson. After this amazing experience I started to practice every day. Ten years later and after winning a lot of surf contests, I am proud to be a pro surfer! I love my home break of ‘Punch’ and also all the other famous spots in Bali like Pererenan Beach, Canggu Beach, Uluwatu, Dreamland and of course Pedang Pedang!
These are my qualifications
- After high school, I studied part time during the evenings at Tabanan University
- For over a year, I worked as a speed boat driver for a diving center on the island of Lembongan
- For the past two years, I have been working as a surf instructor at
- Kima Bali Surfaris at the Surf Camp Canggu
- I am very experienced in surf guiding for all levels and I am prepared for all your needs in the water
- My written and verbal communication skills in English are very good
- As a local, I am familiar with many surf spots around Bali and will show you both the famous and the secret breaks
- My network includes a lot of professional surfers – locals as well as tourists
- I am a friendly, open minded person who loves to share my knowledge of surfing, culture and life with visitors to Bali